Sorry for the lack of posting this past week, we were having a wonderful vacation with our family at Cape San Blas. Shhh..don’t let the secret out but that place is amazing.
Top ten reasons we love Cape San Blas.
10. Night-time on the beach = roasting marshmallows by the fire, swimming under the moonlight, fireworks, stars that are oh so bright!
8. Non-touristy. If you want go-karts, para-sailing, theaters, restaurants, etc., then this is not the place for you. But if you want the beach, quality time with your family, bike riding trails, kayaking, the easy-breezy life, then this is the place for you.
6. Scalloping, what is that you ask? Scallops are a mollusk, and my family likes to fry them, of course we do, we are from the south after all and we fry everything. St. Joseph Bay is a great place to go snorkeling to find scallops. Although, I don’t eat them I do like to help find them for the family to enjoy. We had such a wonderful time scalloping on this vacation.Click on this link for more information on scalloping at Cape San Blas: http://www.capesanblas.com/things-to-do-scalloping.cfm
5. Take your stuff to beach and leave it for the week. When you go to the beach it seems like you are always toting your chairs, your tent, your umbrella, your beach toys, and more and more and more back and forth to the beach. I love Cape San Blas because you only have to do it once! Saturday evening we took our items to the beach and left it until Friday evening. This saved us so much time everyday.
4. Quiet. Yes, I know this is the second time I listed this but I am telling you it is so quiet and peaceful.
3. Indian Pass Raw Bar. Although, I don’t care for seafood everyone else in the family does and so this is always a stop on our trip to Cape San Blas.
2. The beach, of course! The water is crystal clear, the skies are oh so blue, and the sand never gets hot! (Ignore the spots on the pics, that’s the camera. 🙂 )
1. Family Time. Period. That should always be the most important of any vacation, the time that you spend with the ones you love. Cape San Blas takes away all of the distractions and leaves you with your family. Cooking together, playing together, making those precious memories together, your family time is so important. But just remember no matter if you go to Cape San Blas, the mountains, Paris, or stay home, use your time wisely and make lots and lots of memories with your family!
“Sometimes you will never know the value of something,until it becomes a memory.”
― Dr. Seuss