I 100 and 10% agree with this! Even in the darkest of times, you can find something to be thankful for. I know how easy it is to get in the “Woe is me” mindset but I promise it’s just as easy to get in the “I’m thankful” mindset. So on this beautiful fall Thursday, let us all band together and find at least 5 things that we are thankful for. Let’s turn those frowns upside down, those woe’s into WOW’s and the sadness into gladness. I can attest to the fact that if you focus on the positive instead of the negative you will live a much fuller and happier life. So here are my 5 things in no particular order:
1. It’s FALL! Pumpkins, corn mazes, bonfires, camping, Thanksgiving, sweaters, boots, GEORGIA BULLDOGS, hayrides, crispy air, falling leaves. It all makes me VERY happy!
2. My family. My husband and kiddos are the best but I am also thankful for each member outside of my immediate family. We have a great support system and are very blessed. I married into one of the closest families that I have ever met. I have said it before and will say it again, I love my husband but what makes him even greater is his family. 😉
3. Power of forgiveness. I am thankful that God gave me a forgiving heart and because of this my relationship with my parents has been restored. It is easy to hold bitterness and hurt in your heart, to never forgive and a lot harder to let it all go. But once you do, your heart I think grows 10x, you are much happier and a whole lot freer. I couldn’t let it go by myself, I had to give it all to God. He took it and this allowed me to forgive.
4. It’s never too late. In our case, it was never too late for Chris to go to school. A marriage, 3 kids, limited funds – we are thankful that the door swung wide open and he is now in nursing school.
5. Friends. I have friends that I have known for 20 years and friends that I have just met. I cherish each one. Whether we talk everyday or once a year – your friendship I am thankful for.
So what are you thankful for on this Thankful Thursday?