It’s been a while since I wrote a Frugal Friday post …like since November when I wrote about Magical Nights of Lights – I am slacking on the blog posts this year. Look up slacker in the dictionary and you might just see this face….
So I figured why not start back “Frugaling Fridays” TODAY! I can’t promise you a Frugal Friday post every Friday, or even once a month but I will try my best. That’s all any of us can do with our crazy, hectic and wonderful lives – just try our best! 🙂
So for today’s Frugal Friday post, I am talking MoViEs! Back when I was blogging on a regular basis, I wrote a post on Things our Family Skips to Save a Little Dough and one of those things were high-priced movie tickets. We still stick by that and tend to hit up the $2.50 movie theater (no longer the dollar movies – BOO!) or wait for movies to come out on DVD to rent from RedBox.
But now I have a little secret for you…
There is a way to go to the big, nice theaters for FREE and even see movies before the general public. Just this year, I have been given pre-screening tickets to 4 different movies. This week we went to Earth to Echo for a whopping ZERO dollars. Yep, it’s a fact Jack, it cost us nothing!
So…how do we do it?!? Sometimes, it takes a little work and other times we get an invite but here is a way your family can go to the movies for FREE.
1. Go to gofobo.com and create an account. Make sure you put in all of your account information and check the box that says Yes, please e-mail me invites and info about future movies. I believe they only send you invites to theaters local to the zip code you enter. Since I have joined there have only been 2 Athens screenings that I have been invited to. The other screenings that we have went to I had to do a little searching for RSVP codes to enter in at the gofobo.com site.
2. Where to search for RSVP codes? Here are a few sites that I use to find my codes. Keep in mind though if you have to search for a code it’s because the pre-screening is not local to your zip code. We saw Earth to Echo at the Mall of Georgia Regal Theater. Not too far a drive from Athens and the gas we used is still less than what it would have cost for the 5 of us to pay to see it at the theater. Worth it to us! 🙂
- Advance Screenings is where I usually find the RSVP codes. Sometimes, they will have links to sites with codes and other times it will be a contest to enter. You can also like their facebook page for up to date information.
- Cinemit is another site to find codes and their facebook page.
- 43KIXAtlanta typically has contests for you to enter to try and score RSVP codes.
So that’s how we go to newly released (or not even released yet) movies for FREEZAL!! If you haven’t noticed already, yes, I like to make up words. 🙂 Maybe if more people join gofobo.com from the Athens area, then they will start having more local screenings. Now that would be nice. 🙂
Hope to see some familiar faces at movie pre-screenings in the future.